DoveLewis is a nonprofit veterinary hospital that has served the Portland community for over 45 years. The hospital provides both emergency and specialty services, as well as critical care.
DoveLewis approached A.wordsmith in need of a media relations strategy that would increase local awareness around two key initiatives. The first initiative highlighted the hospital’s summer and fall projects, including their Dogtoberfest fundraiser, partnership with Lucky Lab Brewing and holiday pet safety advice. The second showcased DoveLewis’ newly renovated hospital space featuring added square footage for exams and surgeries. A.wordsmith leveraged media and influencer relations to enhance awareness of DoveLewis’ expertise and grow community support.
A.wordsmith secured three print features — two of which made the front cover — six digital placements, and features in broadcast and radio. DoveLewis also saw national coverage in Today’s Veterinary Business magazine, along with social media coverage from local influencers on Instagram.
- Today’s Veterinary Business – As patient count grows, so does DoveLewis
- Portland Business Journal – DoveLewis unveils expansion that’s critical to ‘being able to survive’
- Portland Business Journal – DoveLewis’ remodel yielded more space for animal services (photos)
- Portland Tribune – Pet power takes center stage in DoveLewis renovation
- KATU – 21st annual Dogtoberfest Dog Wash for DoveLewis Blood Bank
- KXL Portland – Halloween Pet Safety Tips